Campbell Christian Schools is a ministry of the Campbell Church of Christ. The church and school share classrooms, activities and ministry opportunities on the same campus. Together we provide a well rounded education and supportive spiritual community for both students and families.
The Children’s Ministry of Campbell Church is headed by Garry Bortz and is an especially rich resource for school families. Our philosophy is that kids and parents need time together as well as opportunities to belong and learn on their own level.
On Sunday. we provide opportunities for all ages:
- Infants and children to 4 years old can attend worship with their parents at both 8:30 and 11:15 am or they can be with other children in our care center.
- Kids age 5 through 3rd grade can stay with their parents for worship song and communion giving them the opportunity to connect with the church and learn from other adults. Afterwards, they can go to Hug Haven, a cozy place to enjoy our children’s program.
- Children in 4th & 5th grades are welcome in Hug Haven as “Power Kids” where they can serve as junior helpers.
- Bible classes for all ages are offered at 10:00 am. This is a great time for kids to find a place of belonging with their peers.
- For parents there is either “Parent’s Connection” (parents of preschool and elementary age children) or “Fusion” (singles and couples age 22-35). Both groups welcome couples and singles offering support, belonging, and growing experiences.
Throughout the year we offer other family activities such as:
- Regular concerts, movie and game nights. These are a great way to share time with your kids as well as get to know other families.
- The annual Summer KidFest when over 250 children enjoy a four evening extravaganza with games, great music, and exciting ways for kids to connect with God.
- The monthly TimeOut for Parents offers free child care for infants through age 5 to give stay-at-home parents a break to recharge.
- The church’s Youth and Family ministry offers similar opportunities for families with older children.
Jordan Cross is the Youth and Family minister.Other staff ministers include Ken McAlpin as Worship Minister, Shane Hughes, Young Adult Minister, and Randy Hall as Preaching Minister. All ministers are available to answer questions or talk with you. Visit the church website for online sermons and information about other events.