To provide a well-rounded education with subjects that highlight each student's individual talents and interests, CCS offers Junior High students several options for elective classes.
Class offerings depend on student interest each year.
6th grade students are given a choice of one of the following elective classes:
- Introduction to Technology
- Three-Dimensional Sculpture Art Studio
- Sketching Art Studio
- Learning Lab
7th and 8th grade students are given a choice of two elective classes from the list below
- Red Band: Learn to play a new instrument in a concert band that performs throughout the year.
- Blue Band: Continued instruction in band with performance opportunities.
- Show Choir: An ensemble which incorporates singing, movement, and dance.
- Three-Dimensional Sculpture Art Studio: Constructing sculptures using paper, wire, 3-D printmaking and clay.
- Sketching Art Studio: Sketching techniques taught using pencil, charcoal, chalks, pen and watercolor.
- Mixed Media Studio: Developing a personal style through innovative projects and techniques that introduce creativity into your art.
- Technology and Programming: Learn the history of computers, technology, and how to utilize computers and other technologies to build websites and create games
- Digital Media Art: How to use Adobe software and related apps to create digital art and learn basic photo editing, graphic design, and video editing using both computers and iPads.
- Spanish 1 & 2: Build a diverse vocabulary and language proficiency in the Spanish language.
- Yearbook and Journalism: Develop skills in writing, editing, photography design, publish a quarterly school newspaper, and design the school year book.
- Learning Lab: This elective provides additional support for students to improve study skills and complete assignments.
- Life Skills: A class designed to enhance the life skills of each student. Hands on activities will include a variety of topics related to cooking, money management, applying for a job, and much more.