We recognize the importance of and emphasis on technology in our society.
Where paperbacks were once the norm, today vendors sell more electronic books. Tablet-style computers are becoming common place, and these devices are adding increased functionality such as photo and video recording and editing, application development, presentation, word processing, and spreadsheet applications. Campbell Christian Schools recognizes the movement and has integrated technology into our academic activities. WE are, however, very aware that technology integration must be utilized in a responsible manner. Technology integration must be a useful addition to the curriculum, while limiting opportunities to distract from core competencies. Each classroom is outfitted with wireless LCD projectors. Junior high school teachers and students are provided school-owned iPads each year, and these iPads are loaded with necessary software to complete a wide-variety of assignments.
Highlights of our technology integration:
- Seperate elementary and Jr. High computer labs.
- School-provided iPad for each junior high student, with software preloaded.
- Filtered wireless internet at school
- Jr. High students are given school email addresses hosted by Google. The may only email other students, school administrators, and teachers from this email.
- The curriculum enrichment offers different lessons on the iPad, and school teaching administrative staff is expanding its lesson planning and use of electronic media for the tablets.
- 200 mbs download, 20 mbs upload modern business Internet connection for school use during the day.
- Modern wireless network provided by Aruba, the same technology used in many conference centers to allow all students unfettered access to network resources when instructed by the teaching staff and in accordance with our policy. We have 25 access points on site—one for each Elementary and Junior High classroom
- Students are allowed to use the iPad, with parent permission, for personal use during the school year
- Although students are engaged in iPad use with many of the activities in the classroom, limits are placed on their use during lunch and social engagement.
- 5th grade has a classroom set of Chromebooks for student usage
- Preschool teachers use Chromebooks in the classroom to help integrate technology into their classes.
*iPad use is governed by Campbell Christian School's Technology Acceptable Use Policy provided to parents annually prior to a student being issued an iPad.