We recognize the importance of, and emphasis on, technology in our society.
Where paperbacks were once the norm, today vendors sell more electronic books. Tablet-style computers are common place, and these devices are adding increased functionality such as photo and video recording and editing: application development: presentation, word processing, and spreadsheet application options. Campbell Christian Schools recognizes the movement and has integrated technology into our core academic activities and classrooms. We are, however, very aware that technology integration must be utilized in a responsible manner. Technology integration must be a useful addition to the curriculum, while limiting opportunities to distract from core competencies and necessary academic growth. Each classroom is outfitted with wireless LCD projectors, Apple TV units, wireless networks, and access to class sets of iPads. Junior high school students are provided school-owned iPads each year, and these iPads are loaded with necessary software to complete a wide-variety of assignments. Campbell Christian is adopting the current draft of next generation tech standards and classroom iPads are present on a 1 to 1 basis in grade sets, with annual upgrades to devices. Tech classes are taught throughout the school day, with specialized coding coding classes offered through tech enrichments taught by a specialized tech teacher. Core classroom teachers are standardized on Macbooks and integrate core technology into class activities. These include but are not limited to word processing, slide show development, spreadsheet use, ect.
Highlights of our technology integration:
- School-provided iPad for each junior high student, with software preloaded and taken home each day;
- Filtered wireless internet at school;
- Jr. High students are given school email addresses hosted by Google. Students may only email other students, school administrators, and teachers from this email;
- Campbell Christian is consistently integrating core tech competencies into daily curricular actives with grade level teachers. This frees our tech teacher to instruct students in more coding/tech usage and design activities;
- The fastest commercial connection offered currently, with 23 wide band access points throughout campus;
- JH students are allowed to use the iPad, with parent permission, for personal use during the school year;
- Although students are engaged in iPad use with many of the activities in the classroom, limits are placed on their use during lunch and social engagements to foster social and emotional growth;
- Preschool teachers use Chromebooks and Chrome devices/monitors the classroom to help integrate technology into their classes as well;
- Well over 300 iPads are available for staff and student use on our campus;
*iPad use is governed by Campbell Christian School's Technology Acceptable Use Policy provided to parents annually prior to a student being issued an iPad.